With the growing demand for nurses in Indiana, there has never been a better time to consider a career in nursing through Marian University.
For the fourth year in a row, Marian University’s Leighton School of Nursing is partnering with St. Vincent for the “Come Explore Nursing” event on August 30 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The event allows potential students to explore all the educational opportunities Marian University provides for future nurses.
Marian University is dedicated to providing a solution to one of the state’s primary health care challenges—the nursing shortage—through its superior nursing programs, including an innovative, online-based accelerated BSN for college-educated career changers.
Register to attend this event at: onlineabsn.marian.edu/cen.
The Come Explore Nursing event is an opportunity to meet current students, alumni, St. Vincent nursing leadership, admissions staff and nursing faculty, and learn more about Marian University’s nursing programs.
- Traditional BSN: A campus program offered as a four-year degree.
- RN to BSN: A program for licensed nurses seeking to further their education via Marian Adult Programs (MAP).
- Accelerated BSN: A 16-month second-degree program that combines online coursework with hands-on labs and clinical rotations. Through the partnership with St. Vincent, Marian University provides a unique opportunity to make a career transition without starting over. Both campus and online-based tracks are available.
- MSN: A hybrid platform program that prepares graduates to assume nurse educator roles in schools of nursing, health care facilities and in the community.
- DNP: A hybrid platform program for registered nurses at the highest level seeking advanced clinical practice and leadership roles. Both Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Nurse Anesthesia tracks are available.
WHAT: Fourth Annual Come Explore Nursing – hosted by Marian University’s Leighton School of Nursing and St. Vincent
WHEN: Wednesday, August 30, 2017; 4 pm - 7 pm
WHO: The event is for anyone interested in the nursing field; St. Vincent nurses, Marian University admissions representatives, Marian University Leighton School of Nursing staff and faculty, and representatives from Marian Adult Programs will be available.
WHERE: St. Vincent Indianapolis, Main Lobby - 2001 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis
WHY: Registered nurses are Indiana’s most in-demand occupation, according to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development’s ”Hoosier Hot 50 Jobs” list, largely because of the state’s nursing shortage. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects employment of registered nurses will grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024 nationally due to aging and retiring baby-boomers, increased access to health insurance, and advances in health care that extend the average life span. Additionally, nearly half of all recent college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed, according to BLS. Marian University’s accelerated nursing programs allow college grads to reinvent their careers in as few as 16 months, while also meeting the urgent need for skilled nurses.