The Academy for Teaching and Learning Leadership is pleased to announce it is now accepting applications for its leadership development program designed for K-12 leaders!
The application will require the following:
- Completion of the Marian University online application;
- Three letters of recommendation that reference leadership abilities;
- Official transcript(s) from each institution of higher learning attended;
- Completion of the program questionnaire. The program questionnaire seeks relevant information about candidates including, but not limited to:
- distinctions, awards, and honors;
- extracurricular and volunteer experiences;
- publications authored or coauthored;
- research experiences and interests; and
- teaching or administrative licensure (type, position, level, state).
In addition, all candidates will be asked:
- To identify and discuss an idea the candidate believes could significantly improve education.
- The challenges or obstacles the candidate has had to overcome to get where he/she is now.
- To describe a mistake or failure the candidate has made and what the candidate learned from the experience.
- To describe the most important quality for an effective leader and why the candidate believes it to be important.
Focus will be on integrity, commitment, perseverance, and capacity.
Academy interview day
- Candidates will be provided a case study to read and respond to during the interview day.
- Candidates will prepare a presentation using the data from the case study.
- Candidates will participate in a one on one interview.
- Candidates will be asked to participate in a group discussion and/or complete a writing sample.