There's No Greater Opportunity to Change the World Than Through Teaching.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you're considering a career in education—or want to sharpen existing teaching skills by earning a master's degree or completing a licensure program—talk to us.
- Students in the Fred S. Klipsch Educators College experience one of the most innovative teacher preparation programs in Indiana and the nation.
- When you join them, you'll graduate career-ready with the knowledge and skill to serve as a teacher-leader who inspires young people and makes a difference in your community.
Why choose Marian?
The mission-driven Klipsch Educators College is recognized for educating next-generation teachers and educational leaders who consistently achieve exemplary learning outcomes for all students.
We prepare K-12 teachers who are:
- Talented in instructional delivery and skilled in classroom management.
- Experienced in building meaningful relationships with students who have diverse backgrounds and educational needs.
- Values-oriented, passionate, and proud to be educators.
Earn an undergraduate or graduate degree in education at a university that's recognized as a national model of excellence for developing K-12 teachers and school leaders who serve their communities.
What makes us different?
The Klipsch Educators College has adopted a fresh approach to teacher education that's transforming schools throughout the United States. Here are a few highlights:
- Klipsch College offers a five-year program with a one-year residency similar to those at Harvard University and New York University. When choosing this pathway and fulfilling the requirements, you will graduate
with both a bachelor's and a master's degree in education.
- The residency includes a one-year paid teaching and mentoring experience during which you'll receive additional supervised training to connect with students in high-need schools. It includes a paid
master's degree PLUS a residency stipend.
- Courses are delivered in an accelerated, eight- to ten-semester format. Learning outcomes are focused on building competency-based master skills.
- You will receive early, frequent, and varied classroom experience, including post-graduate mentoring from a master teacher for up to one year.
- For a global perspective on best educational practices, students will have an opportunity to study abroad in high-performing schools.
- The Klipsch Educators College program recognizes high-achieving high school graduates who enter Marian with AP credit, dual credit, and/or who take summer courses. These may be applied to accelerate the
program under the guidance an assigned academic adviser.
- We want to help you graduate with little to no student debt.
What will you study?
You will become exceptionally proficient in your chosen content area(s), including in-demand specialties like special education, mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and English as a second language. Our hands-on, experiential degree programs
The Klipsch Educators College is nationally recognized and accredited through NCATE. Talk to us about reciprocal teaching licensure with other states.
What else do we offer?
We make a values-oriented private education affordable. Nearly 100 percent of our first-time, full-time freshmen receive financial aid in the form of institutional grants and scholarships. Scholarships and financial aid are available.
- If you are a recipient of a 2020-21 Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship (NGHES), you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship from Marian
University. Students can apply for the 2020-21 NGHES from September 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019. To learn more, visit Scholartrack.
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar AND a NGHES recipient, you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship
and free room and board from Marian University.
- Talented minority students who attend Marian University, plan to pursue a K-12 teaching career, and will teach in Marion County, Indiana for at least two years after graduation, may be eligible for the Urban Teachers Scholarship, a value worth up to $40,000 in scholarships over four years.
- Please visit see more scholarship opportunities for students who want to earn a bachelor's degree in
education on our Indianapolis campus.
Not an NGHES recipient? You may be eligible for other forms of university, state, and federal financial aid and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid available at Marian University.
Our students practice in front of real time avatars with instructional observation from master teachers utilizing TAP rubric standards.
Then, from the first day they arrive in their classrooms, Klipsch Educators College students are equipped with practiced skills that set them apart from virtually every other education major in the nation.