There's no greater opportunity to change the world than through teaching.
Are you up for the challenge?
The Educators College at Marian University wanted to do more to provide schools with well-prepared teachers who are ready to lead, inspire, teach, and make a difference in their communities. So we did our homework.
- We talked to K-12 superintendents, principals, and teachers at high-performing schools in Indiana and across the nation.
- We asked how to prepare even stronger teachers, especially those with the knowledge and skill to develop effective educational solutions that address the challenges of the modern world in which we live.
- Then we listened.
Innovative degree and licensure programs with an approach to teacher education that is transforming schools throughout the United States. We are committed to preparing K-12 teachers who are:
- Exceptionally proficient in their content areas—including in-demand specialties like special education, mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and English as a second language.
- Talented in instructional delivery and skilled in classroom management.
- Experienced in building meaningful relationships with students with diverse backgrounds and educational needs.
- Values-oriented, passionate, and proud to be educators.
Why choose The Educators College?
Marian University has a long tradition of excellence in teacher preparation. In fact, the principals who hire our graduates call us on a regular basis to ask for more.
We believe teachers are as important as doctors, business leaders, scientists, and other professionals. So we've built a hands-on, experiential curriculum to give you an education that's worthy of a most worthy profession. We also offer:
- Exceptional career and graduate school placement.
- Classroom experience in your first of classes with at least one practicum per semester.
- International education opportunities.
- Nationally recognized and accredited through NCATE.
- Reciprocal teaching licensure with other states.
Find out what you're made of.
If you are considering a career in education—or if you want to sharpen your existing teaching skills with graduate study or a licensure program—talk to us. We'll help you discover what you're made of.